The Green Fiscal Policy Network organizes regional workshops and other events on topics related to the role of fiscal policies in the transition to an inclusive green economy. Information on upcoming, recent and past events organised by the Network, our partners and other organisations can be found below.
- This event has passed.
Starts at home? Finance, fiscal policy and leveraging domestic resources
March 27 @ 11:45 am - 1:00 pm CEST
Parallel session at PAGE Ministerial Conference
The Partnership for Action on the Green Economy (PAGE) hosted its second Ministerial Conference on 27-28 March in Berlin, Germany on Inclusive and Sustainable Economies Powering the Sustainable Development Goals. The Conference focused on the themes of green investments, sustainable lifestyles and inclusive growth.
UN Environment organised a parallel session on Starts at home? Finance, fiscal policy and leveraging domestic resources at the Conference. The session examined how fiscal policies through pricing measures, can mobilize public resources and incentivise private investment to support delivery of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the Paris Climate Agreement.
The session was chaired by Lars Andreas Lunde, State Secretary, Ministry of Climate and Environment, Norway. Panelists included:
- Rofyanto Kurniawan, Director, Centre of Budget Policy, Fiscal Policy Agency, Ministry of Finance, Indonesia
- Christoph Beier, Vice-Chair, Management Board Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
- Helen Mountford, Director of Economics, World Resources Institute and Program Director, New Climate Economy initiative
- Elliott Harris, UN Assistant Secretary-General and Head of New York Office of UN Environment
- Luis Neves, Chairman, Global e-Sustainability Initiative of the Information and Communication Technology Industry
For further information about the session and the conference, please visit the PAGE website.