Data protection (Privacy Statement)
DisclaimerThe Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a global non-profit service provider for international cooperation. As a private-sector enterprise of the Federal Government, it works towards the development policy goal of improving the living conditions of people worldwide and preserving the natural foundations of life. This website has been compiled with the greatest possible care. Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of the information provided. Any liability for damages arising directly or indirectly from the use of this website is excluded, unless they are based on intent or gross negligence. Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH expressly reserves the right to change, supplement or delete parts of the pages or the entire offer without separate announcement or to cease publication temporarily or permanently. This website contains links to external sites. The respective provider is always responsible for the contents of the linked external pages. Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH has checked the external content for possible civil or criminal liability upon first linking. However, permanent monitoring of the content of the linked external sites is unreasonable without concrete evidence of a violation of the law. If Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH discovers or is informed by others that an external offer to which it has linked triggers civil or criminal liability, it will immediately remove the link to this offer. Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH expressly dissociates itself from such contents. The contents of Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH website are protected by copyright. Photographs used are – as far as legally required – marked with picture credits. Any use of pictures requires the prior consent of Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH. Links to the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH homepage are permitted if the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH website called up becomes the sole content of the browser window.
1. Name and address of the person responsibleThe person responsible within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other national data protection laws of the member states as well as other provisions of data protection law is: Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH Dag-Hammarskjöld-Weg 1-5, 65760 Eschborn, Germany Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 36 + 40, 53113 Bonn, Germany Tel.: +49 6196 79-0 Mail: email@example.com Website: www.giz.de If you have any specific questions concerning the protection of your data, please contact our data protection officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. General information on data processing
Scope of the processing of personal dataThe processing of personal data is carried out in accordance with the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Federal Data Protection Act (Bundesdatenschutzgesetz, BDSG). We process the personal data of our users only to the extent necessary to provide a functioning website as well as our content and services. The processing of personal data of our users only takes place with the consent of the user. An exception applies in those cases in which it is not possible to obtain prior consent for actual reasons and the processing of the data is permitted by statutory provisions. Personal data is all data that can be related to you personally, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses and user behaviour.
Processing of personal data when visiting our websiteWhen you use our website for informational purposes only, i.e. when you do not send us any other information, we only collect the personal data that your browser sends to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the data that is technically necessary for us to display our website and to ensure its stability and security. In more detail, the following data is temporarily stored in a log file for each access/retrieval:
- Technical features of the browser used
- Users‘ IP address
- Date and time of access
- Page/name of the file accessed
- Amount of data transferred
- Message indicating whether the access/retrieval was successful
Purpose of data processingThe temporary storage of the IP address by the system is necessary to enable delivery of the website to the user’s computer. For this purpose, the IP address of the user must remain stored for the duration of the session. The data is stored in log files in order to ensure the functionality of the website. The data is also used to optimize the website and to ensure the security of our information technology systems. An evaluation of the data for marketing purposes does not take place in this context.
Duration of data storageYour data will not be stored for longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it is processed or as required by law.
- Session cookies
- Third party cookies
You may choose to prevent this website from aggregating and analyzing the actions you take here. Doing so will protect your privacy, but will also prevent the owner from learning from your actions and creating a better experience for you and other users.
5. NewsletterIf you decide to subscribe to our newsletter, we will collect and store your email address, which we will use exclusively to send you the requested information. The legal basis for the processing of the data in the course of sending the newsletter is your consent in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. a GDPR. You may revoke your consent to the storage of the data and to receiving our newsletter at any time, for example via the “unsubscribe” link in the newsletter. Your revocation does not affect the legality of the data processing that has already been carried out. We will store the data you provided us with for subscription to the newsletter until you unsubscribe from the newsletter. This data will be deleted after you unsubscribe from the newsletter. For the purposes of project evaluation and website management, we share the aforementioned newsletter data (your email address) with our project partner, the United Nations Environment Programme. For a more detailed description, please refer to “8. Transfer of your data to third parties”. CleverReach To send newsletters, we use CleverReach, operated by CleverReach GmbH & Co. KG, Mühlenstr. 43, 26180 Rastede (www.cleverreach.com) . This is a service which organizes and analyzes the distribution of newsletters. The data you provide (e.g. your email address) to subscribe to our newsletter will be stored on CleverReach servers that are located exclusively in the EU. Sending our newsletters with CleverReach enables us to analyze the behavior of newsletter recipients. Among other things, we can find out how many recipients have opened the email containing the newsletter and how often various links contained therein are clicked. For more information on how data is analyzed by CleverReach, please visit: https://www.cleverreach.com/de/funktionen/reporting-und-tracking/. We process your data provided you have given us your consent. You may revoke your consent at any time by unsubscribing from the newsletter. Your revocation does not affect the legality of the data processing that has already been carried out. If you do not want CleverReach to analyze your usage of the newsletter, you will have to unsubscribe from the newsletter. For this purpose, we provide a link in every newsletter we send. The data provided when registering for the newsletter will be used to distribute the newsletter until you cancel your subscription. Then your data will be deleted from our servers and those of CleverReach. For further information, please refer to the data privacy statement of CleverReach at: https://www.cleverreach.com/de/datenschutz/.
6. Information on data processing when contacting us
Contact formsOur website contains contact forms which can be used for electronic contact. When using the contact form, your e-mail address and, if applicable, your full name is processed. The processing is based on your consent in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR for the purpose of processing your request. By sending the contact form you agree to the transmission and storage of your personal data. If you do not agree with the processing of your data, you can cancel the contact process at any time. Then, your message will not be sent.
Contact via e-mailAlternatively, it is possible to contact us via the provided e-mail address. In this case, the user’s personal data transmitted with the e-mail – at least the e-mail address as well as the information contained in the e-mail (any personal data you may have transmitted) – will be stored exclusively for the purpose of contacting and processing your request. The legal basis for the processing of data in the course of sending an e-mail is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. e GDPR.
8. Transfer of your data to third partiesWe share data with our project partner, the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), in compliance with our project agreement. This data includes newsletter data (if you subscribe to our newsletter, we store only your email address) and web analytics data (if you visit our website, we collect an anonymized visitor IP address). For a more detailed description, please refer to “4. Web analytics service” and “5. Newsletter”. We share data with our project partner for the purposes of project evaluation and website management, in the context of executing all tasks pertaining to the GFPN project as a whole. As an authorized third party, UNEP is not permitted to use your personal data for any other purposes. We require them to act consistently with this Policy and to use appropriate security measures to protect your personal data. Apart from this, GIZ will not pass on your personal data to other third parties unless we are legally obliged to do so.
9. Transfer of your data abroadGIZ does not transfer personal data to third countries. If you use third-party social media, the data protection regulations of the respective providers apply.
10. Duration of data storageYour data will not be stored for longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it is processed or as required by law.
11. Reference to users’ rightsYou have the right
- to receive information about your data stored by us (Art. 15 GDPR) to obtain without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data (Art. 16 GDPR),
- to request the erasure of your data stored by us (Art. 17 GDPR),
- to request restriction of the processing of your data (Art. 18 GDPR),
- to object to the processing of your data if your personal data are processed on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f and e GDPR (Art. 21 GDPR),
- to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, in order to, if necessary, have them forwarded to another data processor (Art. 20 GDPR).