Hong Kong’s environment chief urges public to back waste charging scheme

04.11.2018 – Hong Kong’s environment minister Wong Kam-sing called for public support for a proposed mandatory waste charging scheme, saying that the city was already about 20 years behind Seoul and Taipei. Under the proposal, 80% of rubbish generated by housing estates, residential buildings and shops would have to go into designated bags. The remaining 20% would be charged by weight. Read the full article on the South China Morning Post website.