- This event has passed.
Reforming the ETS: What to make of revenues?
November 12 @ 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
President von der Leyen has set a new destination for EU climate policy: a 55 percent emissions reduction by 2030. The EU will now have to unleash a torrent of new climate and energy legislation to align its tools with the new target. The reform of the Emissions Trading System (ETS) will be a key element in the developing EU climate policy architecture.
At this event, our experts will discuss what this future scheme could look like and how this tool can be repurposed to meet the ambitious climate goals of the European Union.
Registration is not obligatory to watch the live stream. You are welcome to register if you wish to receive a reminder and updates about the event. Register here!
- Chair: Georg Zachmann, Senior Fellow
- Jean Pisani-Ferry, Senior Fellow
- Sébastien Postic, Project Manager – Industry, Energy and Climate, Institute for Climate Economics (I4CE)
- Jakub Sawulski, Macroeconomics Team Leader, Polish Economic Institute
- Beatriz Yordi Aguirre, Director of European & International Carbon Markets, European Commission, Directorate-General for Climate Action (CLIMA)