- This event has passed.
Fiscal Policies to support NDCs and mobilse green investment
April 12, 2018 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
The 10th Africa Carbon Forum was held from 10-13 April 2018 in Nairobi, Kenya. The Forum focused on how to further strengthen engagement between State and non‐State actors in key sectors to achieve enhanced climate action and support sustainable development.
The Green Fiscal Policy Network (GFPN) in collaboration with the World Bank’s Climate Action Peer Exchange (CAPE) organised a Plenary Session on Fiscal policy to support Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs) and mobilize green investment at the Forum. The session examined country experiences and commitments on using fiscal incentives to support their NDCs, challenges faced and ways forward in designing policy frameworks and implementing reforms.
The session was opened by:
- Joy Kim, Senior Economic Affairs Officer, Economy Division, UN Environment
- Weijen Leow, Joint Lead, Climate Action Peer Exchange (CAPE), World Bank
- Mulugeta Mengist Ayalew, Director, Climate Change Affairs, Office of the Prime Minister, Government of Ethiopia
- Hubert Ruzibiza, Chief Executive Officer, FONERWA – Rwanda Green Fund, Rwanda
- Maged K. Mahmoud, Technical Director, Regional Center for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency