Co-organized by ILO, UN Environment Programme, UNDP, UNITAR, and UNIDO
on the sidelines of COP25, the event on SDG 8 will demonstrate that climate action can be a driver for inclusive growth, job creation, rights and social justice.
The event will be opened by a keynote address from H.E. Ms. Magdalena Valerio, Minister of Labour, Social Security and Migration of Spain
. An interactive panel session will follow. Participants include:
- Ms. Zulvia Dwi Kurnaini (Anna) Deputy Director of Subsidy Policy, Ministry of Finance of Indonesia
- Mr. Pedro Pablo Silva, Head of International Relations, Ministry of Labour, Chile
- Mr. Robert Marinkovic, International Organisation of Employers
- Ms. Hauwa Mustapha, Nigeria Labour Congress
- Ms. Fatima Denton, Director UNU-INRA.
The discussion will focus on showcasing successful country experiences on just transition planning and policies with the engagement of governments and social partners, and opportunities for international cooperation.
To access the webcast for the event, follow the link
on 5 December at 18h30 CET.