The Green Fiscal Policy Network organizes regional workshops and other events on topics related to the role of fiscal policies in the transition to an inclusive green economy. Information on upcoming, recent and past events organised by the Network, our partners and other organisations can be found below.
- This event has passed.
Technical expert group on fossil fuel subsidy indicator for SDG12c
September 29 @ 8:30 am - 5:00 pm CEST
In the context of monitoring progress towards the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), UN Environment is the custodian of indicator 12.c.1 on fossil fuel subsidies. To support the development of a methodology to measure fossil fuel subsidies, UN Environment, in collaboration with the Italian G7 Presidency, convened a meeting of technical experts on 29 September 2017 in Rome, Italy.
UN Environment commissioned and presented a methodological options paper, which is being developed by the Global Subsidies Initiative (GSI) and the Organizations for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD). This meeting provided an opportunity for experts to consider and discuss some of the key issues to be agreed upon in developing the methodology to measure fossil fuel subsidies.
The meeting briefing and agenda are available for download, as well as the following presentations made during the session.
- Opening remarks and G7/G20 Updates on Fossil Fuel Subsidies, Aldo Ravazzi Douvan (Government of Italy)
- Measuring and Monitoring Fossil Fuel Subsidies, Joy Kim (UN Environment)
- How will the 2030 Agenda be Monitored? Jillian Campbell (UN Environment)
- Monitoring SDG Indicator 12.c.1 on Fossil Fuel Subsidies: Options Paper, Peter Wooders (GSI) and Ronald Steenblik (OECD)
- India’s Indicator Framework and Target 12.c, Avneet Kaur (Government of India)