- This event has passed.
GGKP Webinar – Closing the Financing Gap: Investing in Natural Capital to Achieve the SDGs
July 6 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
What are the investment needs to achieving the nature-based Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)?
From where will investment in natural capital come from to plug the gap?
How will natural capital investment ensure long-term economic sustainability and resiliency?
According to the latest research to be launched in July, the Green Growth Knowledge Partnership (GGKP) and the Basque Centre for Climate Change (BC3) estimate that over $750 billion per year in additional global investment in nature is needed to achieve related SDGs by 2030. Policymakers and the private sector will decide whether we prove capable of plugging this gap in the next 10 years.
In this #GGKPwebinar, we will hear from experts with deep inside knowledge on the implementing solutions to plugging the natural capital investment gap. They will explore how governments and the private sector can value the risks and identify the financing opportunities for enhancing natural capital and building sustainable economic growth, particularly during this strained time of recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic.
[A recording will be made available on this page after the webinar]
- Janez Potočnik, former European Commissioner for the Environment; Co-Chair of the International Resource Panel and Partner at SYSTEMIQ
- Elizabeth M. White, Principal Strategist-Sustainability, Sector Economics and Development Impact, International Finance Corporation (IFC)
- Simon Zadek, Chair of Finance for Biodiversity (F4B) and Director of Migrant Nation.
- Ivo Mulder, Head (a.i), Climate Finance Unit (UNEP CFU), Ecosystem Division, UN Environment Programme
- Anil Markandya, Ikerbasque Professor, Basque Centre for Climate Change (BC3)